Heja is on a mission to connect the 1.5 billion people in the world of youth sports. This is an opportunity to make a real social impact on children's health and lifestyle at scale. In a few years, we've grown to over 2 million users in 50+ countries with our main markets in the U.S., UK, Australia, and New Zealand. Thousands more are joining every day to meet, unite, and develop together.
Our growing Partnerships team in Chicago is looking to add a driven, team-first salesperson to come in, roll up their sleeves and find future partners (advertisers) for our app. Heja has a very unique (and captive) audience to offer our partners and we are looking for the perfect person to help maximize our outreach at a time when our user base is rapidly accelerating.
We're a talented, passionate, and ambitious product-driven company from Sweden (and Chicago) on a global mission; join us!
In this position, you will...
- Identify, develop, and secure new business opportunities.
- Generate leads through the outreach of potential partners, sponsors, and advertisers for Heja.
- Maintain a pipeline and work within the Partnerships team to achieve established goals.
The role is perfect for you if you...
- Desire an opportunity to help scale the Partnerships team at a growing international startup. These are the first hires outside of the Head of Partnerships. This is very much an opportunity to “get in on the ground floor” and rise within the team/division.
- Enjoy the challenge and creativity required to initiate conversations with companies that may be interested in Heja's audience but may be unaware of Heja.
- Have experience in brainstorming potential categories to send outreach.
- Are highly motivated and never complacent.
- Do not fear rejection.
- Work well with routine and in a team setting.
- Depending on interest level, potentially help with social media, email marketing, and in-app campaign management for partners.
- Have experience with (mandatory):
- Minimum of 1-3 years of business development, sales, and/or sponsorship experience.
- Minimum of 1-3 years using a CRM tool (HubSpot preferred).
- Nice-to-have experience (bonus):
- Have experience in selling digital assets.
- Have experience with sports-based assets.
- Love sports.
- Have existing connections with potential partners and youth sports/membership organizations.
If this makes you excited, please apply even if you don't check all the "boxes" above.
We are not superhumans and we don’t expect you to be one either. We will all make mistakes, we just expect that we will learn from them and that we always embrace new challenges.
We'll get to know each other better.
We deep dive into your skills and knowledge together with the team. All positions require some form of case/assignment/project.
The final interview is where we discuss the Heja culture and your/our values.
We value diversity of perspective and are committed to building an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds 💚
SCROLL DOWN FOR BENEFITS SUMMARY