Heja is on a mission to unite 1.5 billion people in the world of youth sports. This is an opportunity to make a real social impact on children's health and lifestyle at scale. In a few years, we've grown to over 1,7 million users in over 50+ countries; mainly from the UK, US, New Zealand, and Australia. Thousands more are joining every day to meet, unite and develop — together.
As a Backend Engineer, you’ll join a curious, open-minded, and self-governing team. We're honest and not afraid to speak our minds, and rely on the trust, support, and knowledge of our teammates. We're motivated by solving problems and building elegant, straightforward solutions. We'd like you to share this passion with us.
We're a talented, passionate, and ambitious product-driven company from Sweden on a global mission. Join us!
In this position, you will...
- Focus on the infrastructure and backend services that Heja runs on
- Build solutions with high scale and availability in mind
- Govern the security internally and for all of our users
- Be challenged, learn, and share your own learnings
- Have a big impact on our ways of working, with the strive to always be better
The role is perfect if you have experience and interest in...
- Larger systems with high demand on performance and scalability
- Infrastructure work (IaC, DNS, Networking) with Cloud Providers such as AWS/GCP
- DevOps (build flows, automation, test & release, monitoring)
- Message Queues design
- Non-Relational and SQL databases
If this makes you excited, please apply even if you don't check all the "boxes" above.
We are not superhumans and we don’t expect you to be one either. We will all make mistakes, we just expect that we will learn from them and that we always embrace new challenges.
Introduction and Culture interview - We'll get to know each other better.
- Technical home assignment
Skillset interview - Technical interview where we deep dive into your background and knowledge with the team.
Culture interview - Final interview around discussing values and culture.
We value diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds.